Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What are the five beaches of Normandy?



In early December, I flew back to Cincinnati to clean up and clear out the Wildfell Hall.  My mom was able to join me for four days, and we made it our Christmas and Holiday time together.  Who would have known that my mom is so awesome that she knows that I love to play board games?

The last time I remember playing dominoes on a regular basis was when I was in early grade school, heading off to the library, sitting in way too small plastic chairs, and playing with my dad and sister.  My mom bought me an early Christmas gift of Chicken Foot Dominoes and she even knew games that I didn't - Mexican Train! Pretty sweet!

After a solid weekend of pitching leftover furniture into a dumpster in my driveway, we rested on Monday evening and enjoyed Quiz Night at the Pub in Rookwood (#2, #3).  Our team name: I'm so cool, I can bring my mom to Quiz Night!


My Mom and I




Eric and Rachel


Eric and Janice


Amanda and I


Nick "The BBQ Man" and Rachel


Yes, I'm riding that Lion!  Also, when Eric takes your picture, you're 6 inches shorter.


Kathy and Jim


It was Brian's birthday that night too!
(We all sang to him and slightly embarrassed him as well that night)


Despite what you think, Cristina, you still look better then me in this photo!


After attending Quiz Night almost religiously for three years, I finally got my picture taken with Kelly!


The Gang at the end of Quiz Night.


And now a look at all the hard work from Amanda, Nick, Stacey, my mom, and I:


Me, outside of the Wildfell Hall.


My old bedroom...


...complete with gun cabinet!


The Peanut Butter Room.


The Pink Bedroom.


The empty "I love me wall."


How my mom and slept since the first night and after tossing out the two older beds.


Her room.  :-)


The Kitchen.  Spicken clean.


One cleared out basement.


The Office.


Good bye back yard deck...


Goodbye tulips. Goodbye daffodils. Goodbye veggie delights. Goodbye avocado tree (!?)


The aftermath!

BTW, the five beaches are Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno, and Sword.  Our team got 2 of the 5!

Thanks for reading,

Dr. Alex

No comments: