Friday, June 12, 2009

“We are, each of us angels with only one wing; and we can only fly by embracing one another.” - Luciano de Crescenzo






I finished reading Paulo Coelho's The Valkyries this afternoon and came across an interesting dialog between Paulo (the story's main character) and "an old women" whom he met in a restaurant in Ajo as Paulo is finishing his journey to find his guardian angle.

"Do you believe in angles?" Paulo asked her.
The woman was astonished at the question. But that was all that Paulo wanted to talk about.
"When you're old, and death isn't too far off, you begin to believe in anything," she said. "But I don't know if I believe in angles."

"They exist."
"Have you ever seen one?" There was a mixture of incredulity and hope in her eyes. "I talk with my guardian angle."
"Does your angle have wing?"
It was a question everyone asked. Yet he forgotten to ask it Valhalla.
"I don't know. I haven't seen my angle yet."

And there in lies the question. What would your angle look like?






Thanks for reading,

Alex

No comments: